For 8 people ()
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1/3 cup(s) shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
Baking Powder Biscuits Directions
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening with fork until mixture resembles coarse corn meal.
- Add milk and blend lightly with fork only until flour is moistenend and dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Turn out on lightly floured board, knead lightly about 30 seconds and roll 3/4 inch thick. Cut dough with biscuit cutter, dipping cutter into flout between cuts.
- Place on greased or "pam" sprayed baking sheet. Bake at 475 for 12 to 15 minutes.
- these can also be dropped by tablespoons straight from the bowl. these are good with butter and jam, great for old fashioned biscuits and gravy too.