For 1 Batch(es) ()
- 3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 large can or 2 small jars pimento
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) cidar vinegar
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoon(s) celery seed
- 4 green peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) tumeric
- 1 gallon, sliced or chunked, peeled cucumbers
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
Chow - Grandma Hardy Directions
- Sprinkle salt on cucumbers and let stand for 2 hours in colander to drain.
- Put all but the spices into a large pan, stir well, cook over medium heat til all are tender. Add spices, stir well, thicken with a little flour if desired.
- Can hot and seal