For 1 Batch(es) ()
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened
- 4 teaspoon(s) milk
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 1/4 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup(s) firmly packed brown sugar
Caramel Cream Sandwich cookies Directions
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and 1 cup butter until light and fluffy. Add egg yoik, blend well. Add flour, blend well. If dough is too warm or sticky cover with plastic wrap and chill for about 15 minutes
- Heat oven to 350. shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart, flatten slightly. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in medium saucepan over medium heat until a light golden brown. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar, vanilla and milk blending well until smooth. You can add another teaspoon of milk if you need to.
- Place a a scant teaspoon of frosting between 2 cooled cookies. Repeat until you've used all the cookies.
- You can use margarine for these cookies but butter produces a better flavor
- yield: 2 1/2 dz